USF Teaching Opportunities Information Session (Mission Bay)
Note: Registration required (Register through Eventbrite)
UCSF/USF Partnership for Undergraduate Mentoring and Teaching (PUMT)
OCPD and University of San Francisco (USF) partner to offer UCSF students and postdoctoral scholars opportunities in the life sciences to teach undergraduate lab and lecture courses at USF in the departments of Biology and Physics/Astronomy.
In a Nutshell
- These teaching positions are paid adjunct faculty positions which often include a weekly instructor's meeting.
- The majority of part-time teaching positions are for laboratory sections associated with large intro classes taught by full-time USF faculty.
- There are occasional opportunities for teaching full courses (either lecture only, or lecture/lab) at both lower- and upper-division levels.
- For life scientists: Teach an undergraduate lab or lecture course at USF, or mentor a USF undergraduate student in your current lab through the UCSF/USF Partnership for Undergraduate Mentoring and Teaching (PUMT).
- Applications take place twice a year in November (for the Spring semester) and June (for the Fall semester) and positions are advertised through the PFF Listerv.
- Information Sessions are offered at UCSF twice a year, at the time of application. See our program calendar.
- It is highly recommended that applicants complete the STEP-UP course or equivalent before starting.
- To apply, follow the instructions provided in the announcement posted online. Usually, applications are emailed to Deneb Karentz (firstname.lastname@example.org) as a single PDF file.
- Parnassus: Tuesday, November 6 - N-617
- Mission Bay: Friday, November 9 - MH 1406
Friday, November 9, 2018 at 12:00pm
Mission Hall: 550 16th Street, MH 1406