Surgery Grand Rounds
"It IS Your Lane"
Congresswoman Jackie Speier on resilience, values and standing for principle in politics and in life.
Congresswoman Jackie Speier is a fearless fighter for women’s equality, LGBTQ rights and the disenfranchised. She has dedicated her life to eliminating government corruption while working to strengthen America’s national and economic security. She was named to Newsweek’s list of 150 “Fearless Women” in the world and one of “Politico's 50” most influential people in American politics for bringing the Me Too reckoning to Congress. She recently published her memoir “Undaunted: Surviving Jonestown, Summoning Courage, and Fighting Back.”
She proudly represents California’s 14th Congressional District, stretching from the southern portion of San Francisco through San Mateo County to East Palo Alto.
Full biography here
Remote live streaming location(s):
Zuckerberg San Francisco General: Building 5, Ward 3A Conference Room 3A27
Live streaming is available here
Remote viewers sign in here.
- The purpose of Surgery Grand Rounds is to provide surgeons, residents and other attendees with up-to-date knowledge of surgical issues encountered in academic practice. It is expected that by promoting awareness of current advances in surgery, patient care will improve and mortality and morbidity will be reduced. For the 2019-2020 Department of Surgery Grand Rounds Schedule, visit www.surgery.ucsf.edu and look under the “Education & Training” tab.
- The University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. CME Course #MGR20045
- UCSF designates this live activity for a maximum of 43 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM*. Physicians should claim credit commensurate with their participation in the activity.
- *The above credit is inclusive of credit for all Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Department of Surgery Grand Rounds.
- Disclosure declaration – No one in a position to control the content of this activity has a relationship with an ACCME-defined commercial interest. Planners Julie Ann Sosa, MD, MA, FACS, Lygia Stewart, MD, FACS, and Ryutaro Hirose, MD, FACS, have stated that they have no relationships to disclose. Speaker Jackie Speier has stated that she has no relationships to disclose.
- This activity is supported by the Department of Surgery’s Howard Naffziger Endowment Fund.
Wednesday, August 28 at 7:00am
Cole Hall Auditorium
513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, California 94143