A Medical Playbook: Managing Overload and Overuse In Young Athletes
Young athletes present unique challenges to physicians, physical therapists and athletic trainers due to the repetitive and high strain they put on their bodies during what is now a year-round schedule of sporting activities. This conference will provide participants with the knowledge needed to properly diagnose, treat and prevent common overload and overuse injuries in the young athlete.
Why should you attend?
• *7.5 CME credits and Evidence-Based Practice CEUs in one day, for just $175
• Best practices from the leaders in pediatric sports medicine
• Iconic Location: Inside the California Memorial Stadium at UC Berkeley
• Keynote Speaker: Ernest Owusu - a former Cal and first-team Pac-12 All-Academic football player, and played professionally for the Minnesota Vikings and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Course Learning Objectives
• Identify the early warning signs of injury and illness before they lead to larger concerns.
• Apply in-office functional screening tests to determine readiness for return to play.
• Prepare guidelines and simple exercises for common diagnoses to give athletes after an office visit while they await further treatment.
• Explain ways to help youth athletes prevent and recover from overuse and overload illnesses and injuries.
Breakout Session Highlights
• Initial home exercises for your athlete after the diagnosis has been made
• How to determine when your athlete is ready to return to play
For more information:
*UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Approved for 7.50 Evidence- Based Practice (EBP) credits BOCATC
Pending approval for .75 APTA CEU
Download: 2019 Pediatric Sports Medicine Conference: Managing Overload and Overuse in Young Athletes
Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 8:00am to 5:00pm
California Memorial Stadium 2227 Piedmont Ave, Berkeley, CA 94720