Global Neurology Forum – Exploring Core Challenges Track
The Contributions of HIV to Brain Health Internationally
Wednesday, Aug 12, 2020
9 to 10:30 AM PDT
5 to 6:30 PM GMT+1
The Global Neurology Forum is organized by the Global Brain Health Institute (GBHI) and the Global Teleneurology Service (GTS) at UCSF and:
- Provides an opportunity for learning and dialogue about the diagnosis and management of neurological conditions worldwide
- Aims to enhance understanding of these conditions and increase awareness of approaches to care in varied settings
- Is for a global audience, including in resource-limited settings, to consider challenges in brain health and how to change the perception of neurological disease
- Has two tracks: Clinical Pathological Case Conferences (CPCs) organized by GBHI and Exploring Core Challenges in Global Neurology organized by GTS
- Is for educational purposes only. The program will be in English with a translation of key remarks as needed. There is no cost to participate.
Join us for a 90-minute program by videoconference.
Victor Valcour, MD, PhD, Professor of Geriatric Medicine in Neurology, UCSF; Executive Director Global Brain Health Institute
While much of Dr. Valcour’s research is completed at UCSF, he has a large international portfolio spanning Southeast Asia and Africa with work addressing the prevalence and characteristics of HIV-associated neurocognitive disorders among patients aged 60 and older. He is currently operating three NIH R01 series grants within three novel cohorts.
PLEASE REGISTER by Monday, Aug 10, 2020, at forms.gle/w1FvkQWy8fgPm88o8
- Understand the burden of HIV worldwide and trends toward aging of the HIV-infected population
- Gain an appreciation of HIV as a leading cause of brain injury for younger people worldwide
- Relate the mechanisms by which HIV affects brain health
Wednesday, August 12, 2020 at 9:00am