What is the Idea Competition?
The Idea Competition is designed to solicit ideas and proposals from the CTSA community for a future DREAM Challenge. The winner of the CD2H Idea Competition will be awarded a subcontract for up to $100K to support activities associated with the development and execution of a challenge, that include (a) data extraction and curation (b) algorithm development and assessment, and (c) domain expert support.
The ideal “Idea” proposal should pose a question that is solvable, measurable, and of broad interest to the CTSA biomedical community. Example Challenges might include:
• Prediction of 30-day readmission or patient disease risk.
• Inference of patient diagnosis.
• Assessment of Natural Language Processing algorithms against a gold-standard data set.
• Comparison of clinical trial matching algorithms.
Who should apply?
• Any investigator or staff member affiliated with a CTSA.
• Proposals will be accepted from any researcher, clinician, or staff member affiliated with a CTSA hub with a current UL1 Award.
• Proposals must include a letter of support from the affiliated CTSA hub’s principal investigator.
• Individuals affiliated with sites that receive subcontracts from CD2H are not eligible for this competition.
How to apply?:
• Submit a 1-2 page proposal, addressing the questions listed here
• Submit a letter of support from the principal investigator at your CTSA hub
• Deadline for initial proposals and letters of support: February 15, 2019
Next stages of competition:
March 8, 2019
6 semi-finalists announced and proposals further developed with input from CD2H
April 5, 2019
Final proposals due
April 19, 2019
3 finalists selected to present their proposals at a public CD2H Show and Tell event
May 3, 2019
CD2H Idea Competition Presentations at CD2H Show and Tell (feedback submitted by community)
May 9, 2019
CD2H Idea Competition winner announced and subcontract awarded
Friday, February 15