Apply now for the Teaching Scholars Program 2018-2019 - deadline is April 1st
We invite UCSF and affiliated faculty to apply for the 2018-2019 Teaching Scholars Program (TSP). Graduates of TSP often become health professions education leaders and scholars at UCSF and beyond.
See a sortable list participants from the past 20 years: https://wiki.library.ucsf.edu/x/MYvlEw
Below are key points about the program and commitment:
- Mission: To create a cadre of knowledgeable and skilled education leaders for UCSF.
- Ideal candidates: Faculty members who wish to make education their primary area of responsibility (e.g., potential or current course directors, clerkship directors, residency program directors, educational committee participants and those who want to focus their scholarship in education).
- Program goals: Faculty participants will develop their teaching, curriculum development, educational scholarship, and academic leadership skills. Additionally, they will contribute to UCSF through participating in curricular and faculty development offerings.
- Structure: Twelve to 15 scholars will be chosen for the one-year program starting on September 12, 2018. The program consists of weekly Tuesday afternoon integrative seminars, workshops, and a UCSF-focused curricular innovation and/or education research project with the expectation of dissemination of the project through presentation and/or publication. Note: There will be limited formal meetings in July and August so that scholars can work independently on their projects.
- Continuing education: Eligible participants can receive CME/CE credit for participation in the program.
- Eligibility: Applicants must obtain a letter of support from their department chairperson or division chief. Nominators should 1) describe the educational role the applicant plays in the department and/or the school or campus, 2) identify how the applicants participation aligns with departmental/division goals, and 3) provide approval for release time for Tuesday afternoons from September 2018 through September 2019. Graduation presentations (3:30 – 5:30pm) and graduation ceremony (5:30 – 7pm) are planned for Tuesday, September 10, 2019.
- Deadline for receipt of applications: April 1.
- Notification of acceptance: May 15.
Director: Patricia O'Sullivan, EdD
If you have trouble with the link, please contact Victoria Ruddick, Program Manager, at email@example.com
Tuesday, February 20
More dates through March 27, 2018
Tuesday, February 27
Tuesday, March 6
Tuesday, March 13
Tuesday, March 20
Tuesday, March 27