About this Event
Notification of Upcoming 2020 UC Research in OptumLabs Data Warehouse Call for Proposals (CFP)
As part of the strategic relationship between UC and OptumLabs, OptumLabs will provide up to seven UC researchers with OptumLabs-funded access to its database of de-identified, linked clinical and administrative claims information (terms and conditions apply).
The credit includes data access for one research project and OptumLabs technology infrastructure with standard configuration for two users. Each project is scheduled to last one year after data access is granted (unless an extension deadline is filed and approved).
OptumLabs is an open, collaborative center for research and innovation focused on improving patient care and value. The comprehensive real-world data with nearly 200 million de-identified lives across claims and clinical information contains a rich, linked dataset, which can be used to conduct broad or narrow investigations on populations and unique subsets within them.
We will be soliciting proposals for research ideas that leverage the OptumLabs data. Examples of research projects using OptumLabs data include: variation in care, utilization, safety and efficacy, predictive modeling, policy and incentives, outcomes, methods, literature review, health economics, guidelines/quality of care, epidemiology, disparities, delivery of care, and comparative effectiveness.
· Announce Upcoming Call for Proposals (CFP) - October 14
· Release CFP - November 18
· Remote office hours will be offered at these times to discuss your proposals. Click here schedule a time.
o 12/11 from 1-4:30pm
o 12/13 from 8am -12pm
· Brief Research Proposal Forms (RPF) Due - January 16 at 12 pm
o These are brief overviews of the project, data required, and available resources
· Review by UC BRAID-selected review committee and by OptumLabs research staff (the latter for feasibility only) in February
· Notification of selected candidates by mid-March
· Additional details on the timeline, process for the OptumLabs review, and data access will be described in the November 18 CFP announcement
· The Principal Investigator (PI) or at least one Co-PI must be full time faculty at one of the five UC academic medical center campuses (UCD, UCI, UCLA, UCSD, UCSF) and eligible to submit grants
o Co-PIs and Co-Investigators at all 10 UC campuses are eligible on proposals (with at least one Co-PI meeting the above criteria)
Note: Previous awardees are eligible to apply for a new project.
Note: If you have resources to pay for access to the OLDW, you can move forward now. OLDW research can also be conducted using grant funding, and the OptumLabs team can support grant applications/proposals with feasibilities and letters of support.
Get more information by visiting the UC-OptumLabs microsite/knowledge repository: https://sp.ucop.edu/sites/its/immediate/ciosupport/internal/optumlabs/
Questions about the OptumLabs data, or your research idea to can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The OptumLabs research team is available to support feasibility requests through 12/20.
For all other inquiries, contact Rick Little (OptumLabs Partner Relationship Executive) at Rick.Little@optum.com.
Stay up to date on the latest OptumLabs opportunities and information by signing up for the OptumLabs listserv: https://goo.gl/NgvXiw
0 people are interested in this event