2nd Annual Hillblom Aging Symposium
You are cordially invited to the UCSF Memory and Aging Center’s Second Annual Hillblom Aging Symposium! With support from the Larry L. Hillblom Foundation, the Hillblom Aging Network aims to understand cognitive aging and age-associated biological change. With this goal in mind, come hear research updates from experts in the field on the underpinnings of aging: What is it? How do we study it? Why should we care?
This event is open to the public and will take place on Tuesday, Sept 26, in Byers Auditorium inside Genentech Hall on the UCSF Mission Bay campus.
Please arrive around 8:30 a.m. to check in, enjoy coffee and tea, and meet the other attendees. If you wish to be provided with lunch, please register at your earliest convenience.
8:30 a.m. Coffee & Check-ins
- Opening Statements (Joel Kramer)
- The Epigenetic Clock & Cognitive Aging (Steve Horvath)
- The Default Mode Network in Healthy Cognitive Aging (Adam Staffaroni)
- Understanding Sleep in Healthy Older Adults (Christine Walsh)
- Data Blitz: REM Sleep Associations with White Matter Integrity (Marie Altendahl) & Sleep Efficiency Predicts Parahippocampal Volumes (Emily Fox)
10:25 a.m. Break
- Pharmacological Interventions in Aging (Gordon Lithgow)
- Non-Invasive Biomarkers: OCT & Exosome (Fanny Elahi)
- Genetic Predictors of Healthy Cognitive Aging (Jen Yokoyama)
- Long-Term Consequences of Traumatic Brain Injury (Raquel Gardner)
- Data Blitz: Psychiatry in Older Adults (Suzie Shdo) & Parasympathetic Modulation of the Heart and Face (Samir Datta)
12:15 p.m. Lunch
- Systems Biology of Cellular Aging (Hao Li)
- Modifiable Factors: Exercise, Stress & the Aging Brain (Kaitlin Casaletto)
- Granulins as Regulators of Proteostasis in Aging & Neurodegeneration (Amy Kao)
- Data Blitz: Subjective Complaints Predict Verbal Memory Changes (Michelle You) & Neuropsych Assessment in the Hispanic-Latino Cohort (Karen Dorsman)
- Panel: What is Aging & How Should We Be Studying It?
- Closing Statements
Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 8:30am
Genentech Hall, Byers Auditorium
600 16th St, San Francisco, CA 94158